Monday, July 21, 2014

OZ Dog on the Street Launch

Hey,
Ozzy here -

Well, I talked my mom (who is Jennifer, the big blog cheeze) into getting a head start on my Dog on the Street interviews.  We zipped down to the Bay this morning for a swim.

There wasn't a cloud in the sky; and we got there early in the morning--try wearing a fur coat when it's 80 degrees.  I saw a sign that had a dog with a big red circle and slash across it.  I think that means don't bother the dogs. So I frolicked and chased sticks.

We were walking up to the Rivertown Cafe at Clinch Park for coffee--I don't really like coffee but my mom, er ... Jennifer does.

Then, I saw her.  The cutest, fuzzy white little gal skittering across the patio.  Right then, I knew SuzyQ would be my first interview.  She had a nice dad who was close by working at the park. Perfect setup for my launch.  So here goes..

OZZY, DOG ON THE STREET
OZ:  Good morning.  Today I'm interviewing a white Yorkie down at the Clinch Park Pavillion.
And what is your name, and what are you doing down here this morning?

S.  My name is SuzieQ, I'm part Yorkie, and maybe something else, we don't know.  I'm nine years old.

OZ.  Can you tell me something about yourself, SuzyQ?

Deano and SuzyQ at Clinch Park
S.  I'd love to, you big handsome doodle.  (By the way, have you seen Lady and the Tramp by Disney?) . .  . Never mind, back to me.  My dad is Deano.  He's been bringing me to the Park all my life.  I come down here early in the morning and I pretty much have the run of the place.  I hang out at the counter of the Kayak rentals, but I also walk around and meet people.  Whenever I need an attention fix, I just stroll out on the patio.  You wouldn't believe all the people who pet me. I love it here, lying in the shade, feeling the bay breeze rustle my fur.

OZ.  So, Suzie, you're a TC native?

S.  Yes.  My dad found me in a cemetery here in TC when I was only 3 weeks old.  He took me home and my life has been a dream ever since.  Ah . . . excuse me, do you have a kleenex?

OZ.  Do you have a job down here, Suz?

S.  It's like a job, but it's also like being on vacation.  I like to think of myself as a doggie ambassador for the Bay front.  Later today, it'll get quite crowded with people on bikes, skateboards, walking, running.  Today I saw a team of sled dogs pulling a guy on a sled with wheels!  There's never a dull moment down here, Oz.

OZ.  I'm on the team for the TCFF-slug-lines blog.  We're writing about the Film Festival.  Any comments, Su.

S.  Of course, I love the Film Festival!  The pace picks up down here at Clinch Park.  They have performers playing music down here all the time during the Festival .  The humongous screen goes up and people sit in front of it til real late at night.  I don't get to stay for that.  In the afternoons, my dad takes me to my babysitter in the upstairs of Cook's House.

OZ.  What's your favorite thing about the Film Festival?

S.  Are you kiddin?  The dogs!  Dogs from everywhere in the world.  French Poodles, Australian Shepherds, Boston Terriers, English Bulldogs, Portuguese Water Dogs, Chinese Cresteds, Irish Setters, German Shepherds.  I'm tellin' ya, it's like Match.Com without the .com.

OZ.  Well, thank you very much Suz.  Let me give you my card.  Ever go to the Dog Park on Division?

S.  One more thing, Oz.  My dad says they're holding the Founders Brunch down here this year!  Clinch Park Pavillion is a great place for that.  



No comments: