Monday, July 28, 2014

Ozzy here. . . Is this fair?

Ozzy abandoned outside the Bijou by the Bay
Hey, Ozzy here--

My mom went to the Founders Party to volunteer yesterday and she didn't take me with her.  I don't want to sound bitter, but she had some lame excuse about dogs not being allowed. I have to admit I was happy to see her when she got back, but I smelled BACON on her breath!

She was all excited, telling me about how she got to greet everyone and put armbands on them.  She told me she had trouble with the armbands (her own thumb kept sticking to the end when she tried to put it on somebody).  She told me she stuck the wrong end on a couple of hairy guys and had to rip it off their arm fur.  Ouch!  Don't expect me to laugh.

See how upset I was, notice how I'm looking around for my mom?  I'm right outside the Bijou by the Bay, and that damn party is right behind it in a big white tent with smells wafting by. (Okay, I wasn't really there yesterday, but you get my point).  My mom told me if I didn't stop making things up to support my case, she's cutting me off the computer.



Jennifer wearing her lanyard to volunteer
Here's my mom all happy to be leaving me behind as she races off to her first volunteer shift, The Founders Party at Clinch Park.  She told me she greeted many nice people and even the guys she tortured with the sticky armband laughed about it.

Susan lining up glasses
This is the table where my mom greeted people.  Here, they're arranging the glasses and getting ready.  Mom said this woman, Susan, was very helpful and made her feel right at home.  I'm starting to come to my senses up about this when I see the pictures. I guess my mom had a good time and that's all we dogs are supposed to care about.
Ozzy pretending he's a film sponsor for Dogs and Cats


My mom's the greatest! Maybe I didn't get to hear Miriam Pico sing, or Michael Moore talk about the good ol' days, or get Dean Robb to shake, or have that BACON;  but my mom let me put on an armband to see what it feels like. I didn't do anything special like the founders and sponsors did, but I still get to wear a pawband.  Yoo-hoo!

No comments: